Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island – New Edition Coming Up
Robinson Crusoe, famous for its immersive theme and high difficulty level, gets a new edition! It is one of the most well-known games from Portal Games.
This new edition mainly offers component upgrades compared to the old one. So, let’s take a look:
- Square box instead of Coffin box.
This will help to store the game, as most games of this size have an almost universal square box size instead of an odd shape.
- Fancy first player token.
Why not? A cooler looking, compass first player token!
- It offers one more scenario for a total of 7.
More scenarios equal more replay value which is always a good element to have.
- Thick cardboard character tiles.
A straight up quality upgrade.
- Wooden pieces in certain shapes instead of wooden cubes.
This will add to the theme of the game as it will be better to grab some banana shaped bananas instead of a yellow wooden cube!
- Discovery tokens now have names.
In order to add to the theme the discovery tokens will have names on them.
- Stickers on wooden pawns.
The wooden pawns now have stickers on them instead of being plain colored wood pawns.
- Complete rulebook revision that promises to explain everything compared to the old one.
Seems like a lot of work has been made in order to upgrade and streamline the rulebook. Player feedback from the previous years was probably a really great resource in order to see what wasn`t clear in the old version of the rules.
As you can tell, this edition offers a more streamlined and high quality game with totally new artwork. I personally prefer the new art, but there are some people that will stick with the old one. The difficulty to survive on the Cursed Island didn`t get any easier!
Latest posts by Theofilos K (see all)
- Dice Throne Adventures | In Depth Overview! - 16 July 2019
- Shaolia: Warring States on Kickstarter | In Depth Overview! - 5 June 2019
- Pigeonpocalypse on Kickstarter | In Depth Overview! - 4 June 2019