Areas and Classes
Welcome, to the Land of BoardGame Stories!
When creating your profile to be a resident of the Land you will have to choose your Area and your Class.
“As games evolved throughout the years they began to have their own flavor and unique characteristics,uniting or dividing players and bringing conflict among them. This resulted in the creation of various areas, where people with the same taste in games can live along and share their passion and ideas.”
Choose the area you wish to be part of, thinking of what type of games you are interested in and enjoy the most.
- Themegard: Gamers who prefer games with a strong theme, as it lets them travel through worlds.
- Abstractpolis : Gamers who Prefer theme-less games with little to no luck involved.
- Drinks ‘n’ Games: Gamers who prefer party games for their social aspect and laughs.
- Cardrath : Gamers who prefer card-driven games as a deck of cards is all they need.
- Dexteritron: Gamers who prefer games where they can stretch their dexterity muscles.
- Rebel’s Cove: Gamers who prefer every kind of game, give them something to play and they are happy.
- Duelorama: Gamers who prefer two player gaming experiences. Many couples live there.
- Genearocity: Gamers who prefer light/medium weight games that can be played with the whole family.
- Rollem High: Gamers who prefer games which involve dice, because who doesn`t like dice?
- Meeple Wood: Gamers who prefer highly strategic with almost no player interaction, focused on the mechanics
- Fields of Togetherness : Gamers who prefer co-operative games as they like to work together on a goal.
“People play games for many different reasons / purposes, proving the diversity of what they have to offer. To indicate one’s purpose and play style, the classes were created.”
By choosing your class will let others know the very reason you enjoy playing board games and your way in doing so.
- Tabletop Ally: Plays for the companion in a game. “A great ally is as good as a good rival.”
- Grand Strategist: Plays for the thrill of a longterm strategy coming into effect. “The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do. ”
- Pacifist: Plays passively without trying to hinder others in order to win . “Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.”
- Smasher: Plays to dominate their opponent’s with a flashy victory. “The measure of a man is what he does with power.”
- Mind Controller: Plays to overthink their opponent’s and bluff their way to victory . “Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.”
- Cheerful Spirit: Plays any game that offers a fun time. “A game isn`t about winning.” / “I don`t win by winning in a game.” / “Winning isn`t the way to win in a game.”
- Dice Tamer: Plays for the thrill of a roll. “Don’t roll the dice if you can’t pay the price.”
- Traveller: Plays to experience a theme, a situation, a charachter. “The best way of successfully acting a part is to be it.” / “If you can`t have one life, choose to have many”
- Game Hunter: Plays anything as long as it is a game, for what a new game may offer. “Life is more fun if you play games.”
- Τactician: Plays with accomplishing sub-goals fast, rushing to victory. “Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.”
This is a beta version of BoardGame Stories Land, the very start of what we hope to be a healthy community, challenging each other and sharing our experiences through our Stories.
As the population grows there will be many surprises and challenges for you, the area you belong to and the whole Land.
Each individual will have a strong impact on the overall progress of their area, making space for interesting opportunities or getting the upper hand over other areas.
Will you rise to the top?
Build a strong community, sharing your love and stories about our favorite hobby.
- Epic: The moment that gives you the chills when recalling it. Being either slaying the Dragon with your last roll or sacrificing yourself for your teammates with a cool pose. Etc.
- Funny: A funny moment, event or a game that resulted in everyone across the table laughing etc.
- Boring: A gameplay that was just boring, plain etc.
- Disappointing: Your hype was strong in this one but it ended disappointing you or a certain player behavior etc.
- Frustrating: A game that wouldn`t end, endless downtime or just everyone focuses their attacks on you! etc.
- Intense: When you have some extra VP’s up on your sleeve or getting ready for that winning roll and your heart is about to explode! etc.
- Irritating: This gameplay or player actions just gets on your nerve! etc.
- Weird: Just a weird gaming experience, surprise us!
- Horror: An experience that gave you the chills! Either from the game’s theme or thanks to your sweet opponents. Etc.
- Fantasy: Brave knights with magical swords, evil wizards, dragons, princesses in need of rescue and the occasional ghoul and goblin all fall under this category.
- Sci-Fi: Spacefaring vessels, multi-limbed aliens, blasters and tractor beams paired with the deadly or cynical serving android fit perfectly in a futuristic universe.
- Horror: Supernatural or mundane this stories will frighten, disgust and freeze the blood of even the most hardened reader, from the terrors that lurk in the city sewers to the killing rampage of a serial killer.
- Cyberpunk: Hackers, Phreakers and other fringe elements pitted against the corrupted Mega-Corps both in the real world and in the realm of Cyber-space.
- Post Apocalyptic: The End is not just near , it has come and passed and now we’re left to deal with the leftovers. Society as we know it has collapsed and what’s left of Humanity fights for survival.
- Humor and Satire: Bad things are funny when they happen to someone else and sometimes humor is what we need to get through a rough day so give a good laugh by getting your character a few nasty surprises.