Create a Character, Select a Class, an Area and Tell us Your Story!
Board games are all about creating unique experiences for the people who play them. Everyone has gone through some epic, funny or even frustrating moments when playing a board game or an RPG. Afterwards, these come into stories that we can share some night at the “Inn”.
Without further ado, we would like to introduce our new section, “Stories of the Inn”.
In the “Land of Board Game Stories”, the common ground where everyone can enjoy themselves playing all kind of board games and drinking their favorite beverages, is the legendary “DragonPhoenix Inn”! This is where the Innkeeper witnesses everything always pays attention to your stories and always has some of his own to share with you.
In this section, you can share your own personal story of a gaming experience. Some may have made you laugh, get a game under your radar or teach you a valuable lesson about gaming and respecting the people you play with. Others might be just a narration of heroic deeds, weird situations or maybe from when the world ended!
Let’s take a brief look at the available story categories:
- Epic: The moment that gives you the chills when recalling it. Being either slaying the Dragon with your last roll or sacrificing yourself for your teammates with a cool pose. Etc.
- Funny: A funny moment, event or a game that resulted in everyone across the table laughing etc.
- Boring: A gameplay that was just boring, plain etc.
- Disappointing: Your hype was strong in this one but it ended disappointing you or a certain player behavior etc.
- Frustrating: A game that wouldn`t end, endless downtime or just everyone focuses their attacks on you! etc.
- Intense: When you have some extra VP’s up on your sleeve or getting ready for that winning roll and your heart is about to explode! etc.
- Irritating: This gameplay or player actions just gets on your nerve! etc.
- Weird: Just a weird gaming experience, surprise us!
- Horror: An experience that gave you the chills! Either from the game’s theme or thanks to your sweet opponents. Etc.
- Fantasy: Brave knights with magical swords, evil wizards, dragons, princesses in need of rescue and the occasional ghoul and goblin all fall under this category.
- Sci-Fi: Spacefaring vessels, multi-limbed aliens, blasters and tractor beams paired with the deadly or cynical serving android fit perfectly in a futuristic universe.
- Horror: Supernatural or mundane this stories will frighten, disgust and freeze the blood of even the most hardened reader, from the terrors that lurk in the city sewers to the killing rampage of a serial killer.
- Cyberpunk: Hackers, Phreakers and other fringe elements pitted against the corrupted Mega-Corps both in the real world and in the realm of Cyber-space.
- Post Apocalyptic: The End is not just near , it has come and passed and now we’re left to deal with the leftovers. Society as we know it has collapsed and what’s left of Humanity fights for survival.
- Humor and Satire: Bad things are funny when they happen to someone else and sometimes humor is what we need to get through a rough day so give a good laugh by getting your character a few nasty surprises.
Our second update that comes with the stories section is the Areas and Classes.
When creating your account, you will be able to choose where to live in the Land depending on your gaming preferences, and choose your class as a gamer depending on your playstyle.
- Themegard: Gamers who prefer games with a strong theme, as it lets them travel through worlds.
- Abstractpolis : Gamers who Prefer theme-less games with little to no luck involved.
- Drinks ‘n’ Games: Gamers who prefer party games for their social aspect and laughs.
- Cardrath : Gamers who prefer card-driven games as a deck of cards is all they need.
- Dexteritron: Gamers who prefer games where they can stretch their dexterity muscles.
- Rebel’s Cove: Gamers who prefer every kind of game, give them something to play and they are happy.
- Duelorama: Gamers who prefer two player gaming experiences. Many couples live there.
- Genearocity: Gamers who prefer light/medium weight games that can be played with the whole family.
- Rollem High: Gamers who prefer games which involve dice, because who doesn`t like dice?
- Meeple Wood: Gamers who prefer highly strategic with almost no player interaction, focused on the mechanics
- Fields of Togetherness : Gamers who prefer co-operative games as they like to work together on a goal.
- Tabletop Ally: Plays for the companion in a game. “A great ally is as good as a good rival.”
- Grand Strategist: Plays for the thrill of a longterm strategy coming into effect. “The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do. ”
- Pacifist: Plays passively without trying to hinder others in order to win . “Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.”
- Smasher: Plays to dominate their opponent’s with a flashy victory. “The measure of a man is what he does with power.”
- Mind Controller: Plays to overthink their opponent’s and bluff their way to victory . “Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.”
- Cheerful Spirit: Plays any game that offers a fun time. “A game isn`t about winning.” / “I don`t win by winning in a game.” / “Winning isn`t the way to win in a game.”
- Dice Tamer: Plays for the thrill of a roll. “Don’t roll the dice if you can’t pay the price.”
- Traveller: Plays to experience a theme, a situation, a charachter. “The best way of successfully acting a part is to be it.” / “If you can`t have one life, choose to have many”
- Game Hunter: Plays anything as long as it is a game, for what a new game may offer. “Life is more fun if you play games.”
- Τactician: Plays with accomplishing sub-goals fast, rushing to victory. “Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.”
As the population grows we will add new exciting features, like:
- Each individual will have a personal score,ranks and badges, created by their activity on the site such as reading articles, commenting on them etc.
- Each Area will have a score, created by the actions of its population. So your personal actions will help your area also rise to the top and gain priviledges and upgrades (more info to be released).
- Giveaways, challenges and more for each Area or the whole Land.
- Each Area will have an exclusive section, for news reviews and more of your favorite genre.
- much more!!!
We invite you to be part of our story!
Please feel free to share your thoughts and creative ideas by commenting or filling our feedback form.
BoardGame Stories Team
Latest posts by BoardGame Stories (see all)
- Night Clan Giveaway! - 1 July 2017
- Sine Tempore – Interview with Ludus Magnus Studio Team - 20 May 2017
- As Zombie Tsunami Approaches the Vikings Gone Wild Giveaway is a Fact! - 9 May 2017