The Warp Now on Kickstarter!
After 5 years of cataclysms and revolts, you take command of one of the remaining colonies on the forsaken planet Yortar. Choose your alien leaders and guide your colony along the path of prosperity, progress or conquest.
During the design process of the game it was very important to create the full 4X experience in a game that plays fast, with simple turns, close to no downtime, no player bashing and keep the total playing time under control.
- A Sci-Fi 4x boardgame featuring both euro and area control elements.
- Mission driven gameplay that offers you a wide range of choices.
- Unlimited replayability with 16 unique player, exiled and boss races.
- Fast and high interactive gameplay with close to no downtime.
- Solo campaign mode under development.
7002 CE. It’s been five years since a mysterious cataclysm destroyed several colonies on the planet Yortar. The subsequent gravitational distortions ravaged the planet and ended the golden age of interplanet trade and mining. Completely forsaken by the rest of the universe, the remaining colonies have endured in solitude behind their protective domes. But their survival has come at a great cost as revolts and banishments have vastly altered most societies.
As the dust of social unrest is settling and the endless spacetime fluctuations are finally starting to diminish, the new leadership of each colony is looking outward again but with different agendas. Some leaders want to research new technologies to rebuild and improve living conditions for their citizens. Others will be seeking domination over the other colonies through conquest or by manipulating the exiled. Certain are hoping to reclaim their vast riches by rebuilding the abandoned gold mines and controlling trade. Some are only interested in answers, or even better, satisfy the general lust of the populace for vengeance. What and who caused the cataclysm? Are the rumors about secret experiments with a warping portal true?
Whichever road is chosen, the results will determine what species will remain in power and which will succumb to revolution.
You can find out more about The Warp on the game’s Kickstarter page.
Latest posts by Boardgame Stories (see all)
- Dice Throne Adventures – Unboxing Story - 1 January 2021
- Triathlon – How To Play - 28 December 2020
- Dwar7s Spring & Enchanted Forest Expansion – Unboxing Story - 28 December 2020